Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
For over 25 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Field Engineer to Install, commission and manage the technical aspects of large scale commercial networked Audio/Visual Presentation and Videoconferencing systems.
This position reports directly to the VP of Integration, US. The VP of Integration, US will provide direction and support to the Field Engineer and will work together with the VP of Integration, US to determine best strategy for remediation of any variation to client requirements and/or technical variables which may inhibit successful completion of any project or effort. The VP of Integration, US will also support the Field Engineer on career development and escalation issues.
The Field Engineer role requires deep and broad technical knowledge and skills in the Video Communications industry. An expert in Video/Audio/Control endpoints, hardware and software from leading industry manufacturers, the Field Engineer must have the ability to install, configure, test and troubleshoot complex solutions for a wide range of customer requirements.
During the installation effort, the Field Engineer will represent Yorktel’s Best Practices and effectively communicate any variation of customer and/or Field Engineer expectations to Yorktel Project Management and VP of Integration, US. The Field Engineer will make recommendations and be actively involved in the remediation of any such instances.
This position regularly works within a project team of individuals with varying responsibilities, degrees of expertise and influence. This position will communicate within the team any client, site and/or project specific issues, make recommendations to project team in regard to such issues and ensure agreed upon resolution of issues working closely with project team. This position must regularly communicate answers to complex questions and respond to detailed inquiries regarding technical issues and the resolutions thereof. This position handles and is expected to protect all internal and external confidential information and must utilize discretion and judgment based on company policies and procedures.
· Communicate daily technical and site specific information to the project team in a comprehensive, thorough and detailed manner.
· Daily interaction with clients and job sites to document customer requirements and job site conditions.
· Provide any and all post installation documentation, including red lined drawings, network information, MAC addresses, etc. back to Project Management.
· Be capable of working effectively and efficiently with support from other members of the engineering team.
· Maintain complete and accurate project documentation and records.
· Communicate effectively with internal staff, client representatives, cooperative trades and subcontractors.
· Be responsible for successfully completing assignments on time and within budget and communicate effectively to the project team if budget and/or timeline is in jeopardy.
· Conform to company technical standards and practices. Correctly interpret multiple formats of technical specifications; schematic drawings and architectural diagrams.
· Knowledge of and adherence to Yorktel policies and procedures.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Perform the installation, replacement and/or configuration of integrated system components, networked Video Conferencing Codecs, networked A/V Control Systems and networked Audio DSP Devices
· Test and commission the final installation of entire system prior to Client handover including proper installation, set-up, calibration and operation of DSP-based audiovisual components and networked AV control systems
· Daily communication with the Project Management and Project Team of project status including immediate communication of any issues which may impact successful, timely completion of project
· Perform hands on Client training upon completion of project
· Ensure Customer Acceptance Form is signed and sent back to Project Management upon Client sign off of job completion
· Ensure all ‘red lined’ engineering drawings are completed and returned upon completion of project.
· Provide post-installation support in transition to Yorktel tech services departments
· All other duties as assigned
· Polycom/Tandberg/Cisco certified Videoconference Engineer (TCE/CVE/etc) certification desirable
· Audio DSP (Polycom, ClearOne, BiAmp) certifications desirable
· InfoComm CTS certification with Advanced CTS-I/D certification desirable
· Proficiency in video/audio/control network infrastructure in support of commissioning and other technical processes
· Knowledge of video/audio conferencing service standards
· Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD or Visio, or other diagrammatic software tools
· Knowledge of audiovisual, videoconferencing and IT products and applications
· Proficient in the use of computers and MS Suite (Outlook, Project, Excel and Word)
· Willingness to pursue and attend additional training related to performance of job.
· High levels of Professionalism and Integrity
· High ability to work with peers
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
· Extensive use of business computer systems including Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project.
· May require occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs)
· Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
· Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
· Valid passport; International travel possible
· Valid U.S. driver’s license
· Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
· Must be willing to apply for security clearances, SSA Suitability, and other related clearances to be able to work at certain customer locations.
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.