Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enrichment Instructor (CULINARY)- SYLMAR BIOTECH- EXL
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Regular Part-Time
The Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking a part-time Enrichment Instructor for its Expanded Learning department. This position will plan and provide meaningful instruction to students in content area(s) assigned. Content areas desired include, but are not limited to, music, film, contemporary/urban art, dance, ceramics, theater, fashion, jewelry design, photography, make-up artistry, computer graphics and design. The Enrichment Instructor works under the supervision of the Site Coordinator.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Actively supervise a group of 20 students and facilitate safe, structured activities.
- Implement age appropriate classroom and behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating, inspiring and empowering youth.
- Represent the mission of YPI and uphold all policies and procedures.
- Supervise all participants to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Maintain accurate daily attendance records and ensure that students sign-in and sign-out each day.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships, and communication with school personnel, YPI staff, students and families regarding all aspects of student involvement in the expanded learning program.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with students, parents, school personnel and staff at all times.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment and materials.
- Use technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided.
- Plan and prepare students for a culminating event to showcase their work.
- Prepare and implement educational activity plans aligned to project based learning and common core standards.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines
- Attend all required staff meetings, trainings and events on and off-site
- Must wear YPI uniform while on duty
- Administer first-aid in case of minor injury.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required. Copy will be requested, if hired.
- Certification, training and/or work experience in specified content area(s) preferred.
- Six months paid or volunteer experience in tutoring/mentoring environment and/or enrichment specialty.
- Must have effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, as needed.
- Ability to use good judgement in challenging situations.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive to work site at scheduled time consistently. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver’s license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
- Some evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid certification within 60 calendar days of employment.
- Completion of other required trainings (i.e. training against harassment, etc.) when assigned.
- Part-time position, partial year. ?Before school and/or afterschool schedule, some weekends and/or evenings may apply. Hours vary by school site and program need.